Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2014 TB280 ES with Push Key electric start (Purchased

Customer Question

I have a 2014 TB280 ES with Push Key electric start (Purchased summer of 2015) that will not start. I charged the battery 9.5 hours before this season, added fresh 87 octane gasoline, checked the oil level (it was fine), checked air filter (was fine) and checked the spark plug. Any suggestions on why it won't start?
Charleston, WV
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Is the engine spinning? Have you removed the spark plug and grounded it , to see if you have spark?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The engine is spinning. I just won't completely turn over. I did not remove the spark plug. I checked the rubber boot cap and the tip of the plug but did not remove.
Can you remove the spark plug, and test for spark? If it has spark. put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spar plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I couldn't test for a spark in that I'm by myself. I did have a brand new spark plug for this mower. I checked the gap specification (0.02) and installed the new plug. I got the same result.....would not start.
Did you try putting fuel direct into the sparkplug hole?