Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

675series won"t start again when i stop to empty the bag. need

Customer Question

675series won"t start again when i stop to empty the bag. need to wait one hour for it to start again
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: when i shut it down and try to re-start it won"t start. also make a sound and gress shoots out from under it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: i don"t think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, try tightening the cylinder head bolts. Does it make a hissing sound when trying to restart? If you tilt back on the handle to raise the front will it start back up?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i mean no it won"t start back up
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Yes it makes a hissing sound? It starts right back up if the front is raised?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
If it is making a hissing sound and tightening the head bolts doesn't help you could have a valve problem or a leaking head gasket
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no am not satisfe with your answers
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Well you didn't give me much to go on.If it is shooting grass out when you try to restart you could be cutting high grass at a low setting. Does it smoke at all?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Remove the air cleaner and spray a little carb cleaner directly into carb when trying to restart to see if it starts and there's a fuel problem.If it don't start check for spark right away-put a spare plug in the wire and have someone pull the roe while you watch for a spark.