Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2002 48 volt club car golf cart, the cart will not

Customer Question

i have a 2002 48 volt club car golf cart, the cart will not move when gas pedal is pressed. also the charger will not engage. any info?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the cart will not charge and it will not move when gas pedal is pressed. it does not work in forward or reverse
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to check the system? With charger not coming n, and cart not running, the primary circuit is not complete. The charger connection, thru the batteries and back to the charger connection. My guess you have a bad cable or one bad battery. with voltmeter check across battery pack, voltage should be 48 volts. Then check the charger connection on the cart, should be the same.