Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Shindaiwa 488 it Just quit running, so i rebuilt carb,

Customer Question

I have a Shindaiwa 488 it Just quit running, so i rebuilt carb, checked spark good spark
, put ether in cylinder put new spark plug in tried to start not even a putt. Yes I did turn the switch on, so I pulled the spark plug and laid it at the cylinder hole pulled the cord Got a nice blue flame. don't know why it wont run, not even a putt.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will try to help you with thisdid this happen when you were cutting and shut downdid you hit any thinglet me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it just quit
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for that it should have a fuel shut off on the bowl of the carbmake sure that you have power to that ,check fuses also
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this a chanesaw their no bowl on the carb.
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
Hi I am sorry did not know was a chain sawI will opt out
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
Two cycle engine, were you running the correct mix oil? have you removed the exhaust and checked the cylinder, or ran a compression test on the saw? Need to see 140 psi.