Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Shindaiwa 488 it Just quit running, so i rebuilt carb,

Customer Question

I have a Shindaiwa 488 it Just quit running, so i rebuilt carb, checked spark good spark
, put ether in cylinder put new spark plug in tried to start not even a putt. Yes I did turn the switch on, so I pulled the spark plug and laid it at the cylinder hole pulled the cord Got a nice blue flame. don't know why it wont run, not even a putt.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will try to help you with thisdid this happen when you were cutting and shut downdid you hit any thinglet me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it just quit
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for that it should have a fuel shut off on the bowl of the carbmake sure that you have power to that ,check fuses also
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this a chanesaw their no bowl on the carb.
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi I am sorry did not know was a chain sawI will opt out
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Two cycle engine, were you running the correct mix oil? have you removed the exhaust and checked the cylinder, or ran a compression test on the saw? Need to see 140 psi.