Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I put diesel in a gas lawn mower JA: I'll do all I can to

Customer Question

I put diesel in a gas lawn mower
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well it's a brand new mower. I unknowingly put diesel in it thinking it was gas and I wouldn't start. I called a neighbor and he said it was diesel. We emptied it out.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this Yes drain the diesel out of the tank,loosen the bolt on bottom of carb,let that drain out then fill with gas , it will start , may smoke for a few minutes I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
MorningJust following up with you did my answer help you let me know , Please Wayne