Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I have a 1042 LTX with 120 hours on it. The hydrostatic trans

Customer Question

I have a 1042 LTX with 120 hours on it. The hydrostatic trans seems to be failing; sometimes, when I try to move forward, the clutch does not connect immediately. It will catch down near the end of the pedal travel range and the tractor will lurch forward. Once the clutch is is used a time or two it will work fine. But this happens every time I use the tractor. I started it up since winter for the first time last weekend, and moved it out of the shed. Seems to be some fluid on the floor underneath. Is the transmission on the way out?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** you are still in need of assistance. I will be happy to assist you. A fluid leak can lead to the presence of trapped air inside your transmission. Trapped air, can contribute to the problem you are describing.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!