Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Got a Toro Commercial with Kawasaki FJ18V motor,

Customer Question

***** ***** - got a Toro Commercial with Kawasaki FJ18V motor, can't get it to start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I crank it, no pop like it is not getting gas? spark plug looks ok I just replaced some of the throttle/choke/governor linkage that was rusted and/or missing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Remove the spark plug, and with it grounded , see if it has spark when cranking. If it has spark, do a quick compression test, by holding finger with rag over the spark plug hole and crank, it should have enough compression to move your finger. If it has spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds.