Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Just put a new deck belt on John Deere Lt160 and

Customer Question

***** *****. Just put a new deck belt on John Deere Lt160 and now it won't move. Hydrostatic was working perfect until I removed the deck. Also, the parking break will not engage
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It will not move forward or backward now. The blades will engage, lawn mower starts but will not move.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
did you remove either of the rear wheels?
If rear wheel was removed, you dropped the key that holds wheel and axle together. Axle will now be spinning in the wheel and not driving!
Loo for square key, 3/16 X 2 inches, can be inserted from outside once you have the wheel retainer off.