Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 4000xl generator generator that will not start.

Customer Question

1) I've changed the oil pressure sensor and change the oil hooking the wires up on the oil pressure sensor in the same exact place that
I took the other ones off of To
2) I replace the needle valve in the carburetor still doesn't appear as if I'm getting gas or it's not coming down where I can visually see with the filter off that I'm getting gas into the carburetor.
3 I have spark and I put starting fluid in the chamber replace the spark plug and I get no fire.
4) is it possible to have spark to the plug if your run stop switch is not working.
5) when you replace the low pressure switch should the system be purged to get pressure to the switch or is it just replace and change the fluid and you're good. I'm at a loss if you can help me in anyway I would really appreciate it nothing makes any sense thank you.
Thank you
Scott
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
I you have spark and it did not fire with fuel or starting fluid. Maybe we have other problem. Do you have compression? Hold finger over spark plug hole while cranking, it should have enough compression that you can not hold finger on the hole. If it has spark, fuel and compression, next would be to check the valve operation.