Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Will short time then will try to shut off untill I disengage

Customer Question

Will for a short time then will try to shut off untill I disengage the lever that starts the blades then it will idle fine
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Like I said it will start and when I engage the blades it will run for maybe 5 min then stall till I disengage the lever that starts the blades
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thats all thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Make and model? Do you have to jump starter use charger to start? Is charging system working? Sounds like low voltage,which is trying to kill the engine with the fule solenoid,and once blades are cut off, voltage is high enough to keep engine running. May need new battery!