Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have Cub Cadet with the Kohler kt725 in it....it will not

Customer Question

I have Cub Cadet with the Kohler kt725 in it....it will not start...i am getting spark and Fuel....very confused
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I will try to start it ...put starter fluid in the carb..will run for a few seconds,, but thats it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.
Spark and fuel to the cylinders? If you put fule into the cylinders, will it fire for a few seconds? When did it last run? Did it quit under use? If it does not fire with fuel direct into the cylinders, do you have compression?
!! I see it ran on starting fluid! So does it have solenoid in the carburetor? It has to open the main jet as soon as the key is turned on. Does it click?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes it does have a solenoid..but i ground it down .because i thought it was getting stuck
If it starts on starting fluid, it has to be in time, and valves are working, And with fuel solenoid cut off. that only leaves the fuel supply and carburetor as possible source of problem, Are you getting fuel from the fuel pump to the carburetor>
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes..carb bowl is full and you can see fuel slightly splashing out of carb
But have you removed the line from the fuel pump and check the output? Have you had carburetor off and disassembled it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes pump is working...and completely broke down and cleaned carb...it has me really scratching my head... and new fuel
Exhaust open?