Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a fairly brand new 372xp and ran it all day no problem

Customer Question

Hi, I have a fairly brand new 372xp and ran it all day no problem then at end of the day my helper topped off the gas with bar oil and the bar oil with gas. Not much got in there but didnt want to take any chances so drained both and put fresh in. Climbed up the tree and it wouldnt start tried for ever and even tried the decompression button that was the only time it made a close starting sound. Drained the gas again and wiped tank clean, fuel filter looks brand new and bought a news spark plug and for two hrs tried to start it to no avail. Tried to put starter fluid nothing I am at a loss
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, remove the plug and check if it is filled with oil or soaked with fuel from being flooded. Turn saw upside down and with switch in off position pull the rope several times to see if it blows out any fuel. If it does dry plug and re install and try starting with throttle latch on and NO choke or prime
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
With the oil being heavier and sinking to the bottom of the tank it could have gotten sucked into the carb and it may need taken off and cleaned. If needed I have a shop manual with instructions on how to do so