Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

We have a new ex go that has 12 v batteries and they said we

Customer Question

We have a new ex go that has 12 v batteries and they said we needed a new charger and one new battery so dad spent over 500 and it's not charging now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If you charge somethings that's fine, can you give my dad a call at ** he's trying to figure it now and very frustrated Bc they are their place on coast I will tell him to answer phone and I can pay by pay pall if not too high
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Would you havea voltmeter to check the voltage at the charger connection on the cart? When plugged to cart charger does not come on? It does not come on, as it does not see at least 30 volts from battery pack. What does the battery pack voltage measure. Should be 36 volts or more. One bad battery or one bad cable will cause this!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes he has volt meter, they are showing 12 plus a little for each battery however the golf cart will just barely move
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We can pay you if you help him and give him a call, he's very knowledgable and nice
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If they are 12 volt batteries how do they show more than that? I am just a girl so I'm not the one you should be talking to, lol
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
His name is jerry(###) ###-####
48 volt cart. with 4, 12 volt batteries? Is charger 48 volt charger? I can call, but call is extra charge. But we can do this via computer if we work together. I need pack voltage and voltage at the charger connection on the cart.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Extra will be fine, how much? Bc he is at the coast w no internet and I don't know the answers to your questions
NAy be we should wait until he has time to check these things. Site sets call fees, I just work from home.