Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet series 1000 LT 1050 it wont start or turnover

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet series 1000 LT 1050 it wont start or turnover I put a voltage tester on the battery and it has 12 volts dc what could the problem be
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I push in the break pedal turn the key to the start position and the mower does nothing the battery has 12 volts I can jump it off with my truck and it will start and run fine but when I take the jumpers cables off the mower will die
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.
Are you jumping through the battery?
If you are jumping right at the battery, your battery is bad, All you are reading is the surface voltage, not enough to start the engine.