Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere X585 Lawn Tractor runs ok 10 minutes then runs rough

Customer Question

John deere X585 Lawn Tractor runs ok for about 10 minutes then runs rough and no power, shut off for about 2 min then runs ok for about 5 min, repeatable.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: that's about all I can add
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Fuel injected engine. It has electric fule pump, do you here the pump when you turn on the key when it is cold? Do you here the pump when it starts acting up? The electric fuel pump may be failing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not listened for the fuel pump when it starts to loose power, I can turn it off for a couple of minutes, start again I hear the fuel pump run normal. start the engine, runs good for about 5 in then looses power and runs rough.

Fuel pump would be subject to do that!