Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My GT262 discharge light comes on sparodically ??? what

Customer Question

my GT262 discharge light comes on sparodically ??? what should I check for
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Starts out fine, then about 20 to 30 minutes into operation discharge light appears. in past is would go off after shut down and restart. and spraying of
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: electronic cleaner solution on circuit board
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage before and while engine is running? What does it drop to when you turn on the blades? The engine has a charging coil (alternator) which puts out around 28 volts AC, which is charged at the rectifier to DC volts, around 14 volts

#4 is the stator ans is under the flywheel, the rectifier is mounted on the outside of the engine sheet metal.