Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have an ezgo golf cart...the batteries were real bad and i

Customer Question

i have an ezgo golf cart...the batteries were real bad and i an it into the ground. replaced the wiring. doesn't do forward, no reverse beeb...lights don't even go on. checked and rechecked all wiring and connections. after reading a lot of stuff on the i-net, beleve it could be solenoid or ***** ***** good voltage coming from batteries.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: as above. name is wayne
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Year model? Does charger come on when attached to cart?

Do you have 36 volts at the key switch? The voltage comes from reed switch at the charger connection. If this reed switch does not close when charger is unplugged, you get no voltage to the keyswitch, so cart will not run. See the diagram. attached

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the charger comes on...bought it used in 2008. Only info I can find is d100 serial no(###) ###-#### ***** don't work which doesn't even require key

You have a voltmeter to check voltage at key? or check the wire where it is attached, behind the charger plug.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

With D100, that makes me think this is a 2000 year model. How do you know you have good voltage to the solenoid? Digital voltmeter, less than $10 at auto or retail store, Really helps with cart! I would try to check the reed switch at the charger connection, as it is the start of the voltage trail for the keyswitch, and then from keyswitch, to the foot switch, then to the solenoid.

With lights not on and requires no switch, makes me think you may have dropped a cable or wire at battery pack. .??

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Checked all wire...will get a bolt meter and continue later