Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My la 105 mower is flooding out my spark plug and gas dp,

Customer Question

my la 105 mower is flooding out my spark plug and gas dp
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: gas dripping on ground and fouling plug out, when trying to start. have sprayed float in carbutor . white mist coming from exhaust
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: it has started twice but runs very rough and gas is flooding plug and coming out exhaust
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Is the oil level over full and smell of gas?

Have you removed the float bowl on the carburetor and checked the float and needle valve t be sure float is working?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oil level is fine with no gas in oil. I have taken bowl off and sprayed float wih carbutor cleaner . engine then started but soon flooded out again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do I need to just replace the float

Float may not be closing the needle valve passage, did you remove the float and check to see if it may have fule in it, causing it to sink> See the carburetor link above I sent. Float has to control fuel flow to carb.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did also popped the little orifice out of middle of float and cleaned it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also took float apart and took the little plunger out and cleaned it and put back together . cant tell if plunger is closing the orifice off or not

Did you remove the carburetor, or do this on the engine? You can hold the float up and it should stop the fuel from flowing into the bowl, if you test it in place.