Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have acub cadet ss270 string trimmer seen very little

Customer Question

I have acub cadet ss270 string trimmer seen very little usage only 6 months old wont run right starts easily idles well soon as you accellerate it dies restarts easily dies on throtle increase. Was running fine motor died out restarted and this problem occured have tried changing fuel cleaned fuel filter still does it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Hello Mark. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. If you partially close your choke, will your engine accelerate, without dying? This is a troubleshooting question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No prblem occurs in any choke position
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. You stated that you changed your fuel. How old is the fuel you are using now? Was your fuel filter clogged, prior to you cleaning it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dumped old fuel was not too old used machine last 2 weeks ago ran fine refueled new fuel removed filter did not look bad blew out with air and replaced
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

There is a possibility that if you make a small adjustment to your carburetor, this will resolve our problem. To make adjustments to your carburetor, you will need a special tool.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What special tool and if this doesnt work?
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

There is a special tool that is used for adjusting your carburetor. This tool is only made available to servicing dealers. Sometimes you can find them on eBay. I do feel that adjusting your carburetor will help. If not, you will likely need to clean your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will not be able to try this until tomorrow will have to get back with you then
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

No problem. The first link does not open for you. Try the second one. It shows how the tools look.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Your carburetor will have a (L) screw and a (H) screw. Open the (L) screw in small increments, counterclockwise, until your engine begins to accelerate smoothly.