Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My snapper SR1642 wheels will not spin when the motor disc

Customer Question

My snapper SR1642 wheels will not spin when the motor disc and chains are turning. The pins foe the wheels are also okay.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer it could be a issue in the differential . Parts 7 or 11 mat be worn etc , here is the diagram

https://www.partstree.com/parts/snapper/mowers-rear-engine-riding-lawn-mower/421613bve1-snapper-42-rear-engine-rider-16-hp-series-13/differential-r-h-fender/

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you spin one wheel, the other wheel tries to spin but can be easily stopped. I checked the gears on the axle and they seemed to be snug on the axle. Can the axle be broken or worn down somewhere? How do you remove the axle and can it be done from the right side?
Hi Sam if this has a friction disc it could be worn , let me look more into the parts breakdown
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The friction disc is connected to the motor. The axle turns, but the wheels don't. It acts like the pins are out of axle and wheels, but it is not because I just put them back in. I took everything apart to check chains and gears. I did not understand how to remove the axle. It looks like removing the axle is a tough job

Sam I'm wondering part 9 in the diagram is detached from part 23

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.

Hi Sam just wondering if you made any progress on the snapper