Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm having trouble starting my troybilt pressure washer, It

Customer Question

I'm having trouble starting my troybilt pressure washer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was stored outside. Without being covered for a few months before I got it. Carb looks clean I changed out fuel and air filter looks fine. I change spark plug but there was some water in the hole. Also carb cleaner does turn engine over but stalls right out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Have you removed the carburetor bowl to see if it may be full of water or debris.

Fuel is not being delivered through the carburetor. What engine do you have? Briggs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a Briggs
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
8.75 190cc

Have you drained and checked the fule bowl?

Seems like a pressure wahser always winds up with water in the carburetor.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I drained the fuel from the tank and made sure the line was clear. How would I check the carb?

See link above, you will need to remove the bowl bolt and check the float and needle valve.