Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Grant, I have a 1986 Yamaha moto4 225. I am needing to

Customer Question

Grant, I have a 1986 Yamaha moto4 225. I am needing to rering the engine and was wondering if pulling the engine will be required or can it be one on the bike?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is all I really have
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

You can do the upper end of the engine in the ATV. Cylinder head will be removed, and then the cylinder can be removed and lifted off the crankcase, which exposes the piston, Remove the piston pin retainers and push the piston pin from the piston.

Here is link to CD service manual. Or get you a Clymer manual for the unit.