Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

My name is ***** ***** My name is ***** *****. I thought it

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** *****. I thought it was a battery problem, the engine was turning over real slow. Hooked up my jumper box still real slow. Not sure what to make of it. The starter is working but it's like the starter won't do its full job! Hooked the jumper box directly to the starter still won't turn over properly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a John Deere 115 automatic
Briggs and Stratton 19 hp
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's about 10 years old
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Please remove the spark plugs, ground the wires and crank over engine, let me know if at that time it then turns over fast and or has fuel shoot out of the engine while cranking.

These sometimes have a failing fuel solenoid on the fuel bowl that causes flooding of the cylinders which can lead to slow cranking and even complete hydrolock and thus is usually the first place I start looking. If the battery is not new or is but is from walmart or very cheap brand then please have it load tested to be sure it is good and is correct cca for that motor/machine.

It could also be a loose connection, high compression, weak starter, could be many things and thus after the above you may still find you need to reply back for further help.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Turned over great. once all the starter fluid was gone no fuel to be seen
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

So you tried starting fluid?

What do you mean by turned over great? I ask this because you stated it was not turning over normal and was slow cranking, I expressed the need to remove the spark plugs and let me know if fuel came out when you then cranked?

No fuel to be seen, is the fuel filter empty as well?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yeah hooked it up to my jumper box pulled the plug then it turned over very little fuel in the filter
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No fuel came out after the starter fluid came out
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

My apologies for the delayed reply back to you.

I replied but had no reply back from you until the "hello" you sent.

So it is no turning over fast as it should? Does it start on starting fluid?

Have you replaced the spark plug already as well?