Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Deere X320 mower it will start and run fine to be

Customer Question

I have an John Deere X320 mower it will start and run fine to be gin with but if the mower is not under a load meaning mower engaged it wants to flood out or if it sits idling for a second it floods and will not restart.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have changed all filters air, gas, checked linkage on the carb when it floods and you pull the air filters off you can see gas setting in the carb from top few.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Flooding has to be caused by too much fuel. Has mower been in storage or is this the first start of the season? Have you checked the carburetor float bowl for any debris or if the float and needle valve are closing off the gas from the fule pump?

Here is a link to a Nikki Carburetor on a Briggs. I know your's is Kawaski, but should be same carb type.