Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Will not go at full speed. Have full battery charge.

Customer Question

will not go at full speed. Have full battery charge.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Make and model? Gold cart? What is voltage? 36 or 48 ? Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage on each battery and the battery pack? One bad battery or a bad cable will affect pack voltage and so the cart.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see a second question/statement, but i have no information from you.?? Golf cart? Make and model? voltage? Club Car would have a speed limiter on the drive motor, unplug it and test.I will cancel the second question. Please answer here!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had already done what you suggested I do, had checked batteries and voltage and had told you this in my original question why should I have to pay again for something I had already conveyed to you on the front end.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Without any information, I will opt out. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
curtis B. asked for information Ez-go golf cart. 36 volt system may be manufacture # ***** 202, serial #(###) ###-#### another # ***** ***** I have checked all batteries read 6.2 volts. Battery package fully charged is 36.4 volts. have add battery to bring it up to 50.volts is faster but still slower than orignal speed. can you help with this?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see no one else has tried to help. Let me try again, if you like. Battery voltage is not where it should be. The 6 volt batteries , fully charged will be close to 6.5 volts and the battery pack will be around 39 volts. If you meter is accurate, you are not there. Does the charger run full 8 hour cycle? Adding extra battery is not good idea, as it confuses the system and the charger.