Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My STX46 ***** ***** Deere Lawn Tractor dies once I release

Customer Question

My STX46 ***** ***** Deere Lawn Tractor dies once I release the break. :(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There are no problems starting my lawn tractor. Of course to start the tractor I have to have the clutch/break pressed in. Once the tractor starts and I go to release the brake (this is even when the mower is in neutral and the PTO is NOT engaged) the mower dies.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am pretty sure I have ruled out the safety sensor as well. I created a "bypass" for the safety sensor and the tractor continues to die when I release the break.
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Will your engine continue to run if you engage your pto, when your brake pedal is depressed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I engage PTO while still depressing brake pedal engine will continue to run. Only when I release pedal does the engine stall/die.
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for this information. Have you checked your seat safety switch, and the wiring connector that connects to your seat safety switch?

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Many times when this problem occurs, it is caused by either your seat safety switch, or the wiring connector that attaches to it.