Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a HR 215-AE HXA and the hydrostatic drive stopped

Customer Question

i have a HR 215-AE HXA and the hydrostatic drive stopped working at the end of the last season. I have never checked the oil level in the unit as it is not in the owners manual. Right now the oil level does not touch the dip stick. Would a low level of fluid cause it to stop working before there was any damage to gears etc?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: that'
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: That's it. I haven't ever changed or adjusted the cables
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, if there's no fluid in it there could damage. It could be something as simple as a cable adjustment. I'll send you a manual. See the transmission troubleshooting section.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** clicked on the attachment and the pages were basically blank. Can you check and resend
Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

try this one.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to download the manual?