Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Toro z16-44 (model 74502) and when both paddles are

Customer Question

I have a Toro z16-44 (model 74502) and when both paddles are pushed completely forward the mower drifts to the left. Wondering how to adjust the tracking/steering to make it go straight again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. One oversight for this issue is un even tire pressure . Have you checked the tire pressure ? . If one tire is lower than the other get them at even tire pressure and see if that resolves it unevenly tracking

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Apologizes for the delay in responding. I checked the air pressure on all four tires and everything checks out. I can push the right paddle further forward then the left resulting in the mower drifting to the left. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Let me see if there is any adjustments , these are hydraulic so let me check

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi John,Any update regarding my question on adjusting the hydraulics on my Toro mower?

Hi I'm thinking it's the adjustment nuts down by the wheels , they have a rod running to the linkage levers , there is a great video pointing out how to fix this . This toro isn't the same model but they all have these adjustment nuts so yours should be adjusted the same way . Here is the video

https://youtu.be/5iJ9NAaQD7s

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.

Hi just checking to see if the adjustment nuts fixed the problem with the z turn