Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

JD kawasaki runs good or so then all sudden every so often

Customer Question

JD kawasaki runs good for hour or so then all sudden every so often puff lage cloud white smoke and blows oil out let of gas and goes back to run for 20 min or so just fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just that. When it is running not smoking runs smooth. Have ran in tall grass wide open for nearly two hours. it fouls plugs after it starts smoking after so long . Looking at cylinder no scaring. one small valve has a lot of hard build up hard custy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Have you checked the oil and see if it smells like gas .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no gas.even put new breather fins in new thermostat, checked carb. cylinders are clean but have not checked rings but no scaring. Looking at vales I believe they may be culprit as a lot of carbon build up. Looks like one side had oil in it when removed other did not. Like I say you could run wide open in 30in grass thick and run smooth as you could as for before stating to puff big cloud smoke. looks like the seats may be bad. is there anything else could need looking at.

It sounds like a valve issue , they expand when they get hot being metal , no blow by ot anything right ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not think anything getting by rings as I say cylinder hole slick no scratches. Believe carbon deposit on valves is problem and that messed seals up. That would let oil build up till blows, right?

Yes it could