Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Onan 10kw isn't providing 12v to the fuel pump. Can run a

Customer Question

Onan 10kw isn't providing 12v to the fuel pump. Can run a jumper wire to fuel pump, and get it to run properly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I might need a "pin-out" diagram to see if I need to replace the control board, or if there is a bad relay of sorts. I don't have any diagrams for this genset.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No mam.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

What is the model number of the genset?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I attached a pic.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

If you are not getting power to the fuel pump while cranking the engine, the controller is bad.

If you are getting power while cranking, but not after you let off the start switch, either your alternator is bad, or the fuel pump relay is bad.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you have a diagram for fuel pump relay location?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

If you remove the front panel like you are changing the air filter, the relays are to the left of the air filter.

It is much easier to get to the relays by removing the top cover of the genset, if you have enough access to remove the top cover.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I am out of town until Thursday, I will have to slide it out and remove the cover then. I will get back with you after. Thank you.