Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2013 Troy Built 130 mower also bought at Lowes it

Customer Question

Jack I have a 2013 Troy Built 130 mower also bought at Lowes it was running fine last week so took to my shop here on my farm in Texas where do maintenance on all our equipment changed the oil sharpened the blade and the unit ran like a clock so the next day I proceeded to start the mower and trim around the shop and it will not start at all. I completely disassembled the carb and cleaned it including removing the pilot jet and main jet and float assembly with B-12 cleaner put in a new NGK plug and air filter. If I sit with syringe that we use on cattle and squirt gas into the butterfly of the carb it will run until it runs out of gas and then it dies and won't start unless you put gas in with the syringe again any suggestions besides a new carb.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Does the carburetor have a all metal needle valve, and the seat in the upper passage is rubber? If so, the upper passage is plugged at the rubber seat. Can be debris, or can be the rubber seat itself. If that is the case, a new needle and seat will fix it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you see up in the seat area of this carburetor to see if the seat is plugged by debris or is the seat rubber has gone bad? Also how do I get the rubber out if that's the problem?

If it has all metal needle, it will have rubber seat. Remove the inlet fule line and blow from there , through the passage to check. To replace the seat, you use a pick or wire to get it out and a drill bit end or a dowel to push in the new seat.