Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 15 year old honda riding mower. It will not start

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old honda riding mower. It will not start because something is not allowing the starter to engage even with the brake set, in neutral and drivers seat engaged and cutter disengaged. In a few instances when I can get it to start, it runs fine. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Model number? Have you checked the seat switch and the harness to it for damage? The seat switch is by far the most common for causing the starting issue. Do you have a volt/ohm mete to check the continuity of the switches?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We are traveling now but will check starter and get back with you. We will also provide model number. We do have an ohm meter. Stay tuned. Thanks.

OK> i suspect that you a bad safety switch.