Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I accidentally put gas in my Kioti tractor approximately 2

Customer Question

I accidentally put gas in my Kioti tractor approximately 2 parts gas to 1 part diesel. started the engine and it ran for about 30 seconds and then it lost power and stopped, it was at that point I realized my mistake. I have since drained the fuel tank, the filter and all the lines up to the fuel feed pump and the line from there to the injection pump. My question for you is, is that enough or do I also need to remove the injection pipes and is carefully blowing out the pumps themselves with compressed air a good idea? Also do I need to remove the injectors and clean them as well?
Thank you
Paul
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What you have done up to this point should be all that you would need to do with the exception of adding diesel fuel back to the tank and bleeding the air from the lines and filter in order to get the machine back up and running. It can take a little bit of time to get all of the air out of the lines when you have a situation like this but the easiest way is to remove the line going from the injector pump to the fuel rail or injectors and crank the engine over until you have a steady fuel flow there with no air bubbles coming out, then reconnect the line and you should be able to start the tractor again with a few attempts.