Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I just returned from an overseas assignment and have tried

Customer Question

I just returned from an overseas assignment and have tried to start my Bolens 6-speed ridding lawn mower. Installed a new battery and it turned over a few quick times and then quit. Next time it it just clicked like the soleniod was stuck. Where can I get a maintenance manual for this brand? What could be the problem and how where would I get a parts breakdown for this model? Thanking you in advance
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Remove the spark plug and see if the starter will spin the engine. Is the new battery charged? Voltmeter should rad over 13 volts if fully charged. What is the engine male and model?

Engine manual can be found, but need the tractor model to try and find mower manual. Look for a plate with model and s/n for tractor.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will remove the spark plugs and see if the engine spins. Will let you know by tomorrow morning. We have Easter event and with family at the moment.Thank you

OK> Thanks!