Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Billy goat leaf loader with a briggs vanguard 16hp

Customer Question

I have a Billy goat leaf loader with a briggs vanguard 16hp model(###) ###-####e1 and I'm trying to replace it with a vanguard 16hp model(###) ###-####01 but the oil filter housing is in the way of the impeller housing on the leaf loader. So I was wondering if I could block it off or if the oil filter is needed. Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

The filter is an option. Blocking off might work, but I do not know of a block off plate. You could reuse your old sump, with no filter provision, but that requires removing sumps from both new and old engine. You can't space the engine mounting enough to clear the filter?