Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy Built pressure washer with Briggs Stratton

Customer Question

I have a Troy Built pressure washer with Briggs Stratton engine. This washer is only 1 year old but has been setting up in storage for about 1 month. PSI-2800, OHV 190cc, Max. GPM 2.3. Oil has been changed and has new spark plug. Unable to start. Spark plug is not getting fire when trying to start. Any suggestions on different starting method. Unable to locate owners manual. Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Here is link to the Briggs ignition system. Locate he coil and remove the kill wire, and check for spark, If it has no spark with kill wire removed, the coil has failed. If it does have spark, the kill circuit is grounding out the spark.