Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, I have replaced the stator and diode, the ignition

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, I have replaced the stator and diode, the ignition switch and a new battery. I still only get 12.54 volts when the mower is running full throttle. I think I should get 13-13.5 volts
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Check battery voltage with engine off. Then crank engine and run at full throttle and test again. Voltage has to increase by at least one volt! If not, the battery is not being charged. What is the voltage at the diode from the stator? This should be around 14 volts, and should go direct to the battery . Were the magnets in the flywheel intact and not broken? Stator , before the diode should be around 28 volts AC.

Did you find problem with charging system?