Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Deere L130 won't start. This is a common problem that i

Customer Question

My John Deere L130 won't start. This is a common problem that i have every year at the start of the season. I replaced both spark plugs.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The engine cranks, but won't start.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure. The fuel pump was replaced last year. Usually if I get it started the beginning of the year, it is okay. It always seems to be the first start of the year that is a problem.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Are you using a fuel stabilizer in your gas cans ? If not the gas may have went bad in the carburetor . You can try removing the air filter and pouring a tiny bit og gas down into the carburetor this will act as a prime and get it to start even if only for a few seconds

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did put stabilizer in the fuel. I can try to pour gas in the carburetor tomorrow. What is the easiest way to do that since the carburetor is on the front of the engine

You only want to put a tiny bit , remove the air filter and part of the housing should connect to the carburetor

Hi have you been able to see if the engine would run with a shot of gas yet ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. Been traveling for work all week. I will hopefully get a chance to try it tomorrow.

Ok let me know what you find