Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Trying to start my lawn tractor... looks like fuel pump is

Customer Question

Hi doug, trying to start my lawn tractor... looks like fuel pump is working but not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure. it's a kawasaki 22hp OHV engine (i guess that's the manufacturer) I haven't used it since fall. engine turning over fine. i took off and cleaned the fuel pump and can see that it's pumping gas when i took off the air filter, it looked like the basin in the carburetor was a bit fouled with water or something else. there was some brown gunk in it that sank below the gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. It sounds like your gas went bad and gummed up the carburetor , have you pulled and cleaned the carburetor yet ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no! how do I do that?

Can you give me the model number off your riding mower and your kawasaki should have a model number on it somewhere

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mower Model Husq GTH2254XP
Engine Kawasaki 22 HP OHV
Code: FH641V-DS15-R
E/NO FH641VB24476

If you loosed or take out the bolt with the wires connected to it under the letter F in this diagram

It should drain all the bad gas from the bowl , let's try that first

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.

Hi were you ever able to drain the bowl on you engine ?