Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I'm ***** *****. I have a cub cadet ltx 1045 riding mower...

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****. I have a cub cadet ltx 1045 riding mower... i tried to start it for the first time this cranks but will not start I put fresh fuel in it.... changed the spark plug... and same result
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it will start for a second and then die off if i spray starting fluid into the carb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

In the carburetor is an electric solenoid, does it click when key is turned on and off? It may be stick. Can you remove the carburetor float bowl and check it's operation and check the fule bowl for debris or water?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Did you find the fuel problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried removing and cleaning the solenoid with no luck. It moves freely and clicks when the key is turned but the engine still does not start.

Remove spark plug and with it grounded to the metal of the engine, see if you have spark, If you have spark , put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install spark plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds. If it does, carburetor is not passing fuel to cylinder.

What is the engine model number?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It starts momentarily and then dies if I spray ether into the carb

Ok, it has spark, so do you have fuel getting to the carburetor? Have you had the float bowl off ? Wasit full of fule? Was there any gummy buildup?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not had the fuel bow off... But when I pulled the solenoid out it the bowl was not full of fuel

That i swhere I would start, it has to be fuel not going through the carburetor, and if the solenoid is working, that only leaves the internal passages in the carburetor. ANd the float and needle valve control fuel to the bowl. Kohler SV500 series engine?

Here is link to carb.