Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Tractor in otherwise good repair. Won't crank, the solenoid

Customer Question

Tractor in otherwise good repair. Won't crank, the solenoid clicks but no crank, can't start. Battery tests ok, headlights strong. Can't find where ground attaches to chassis, want to clean it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Cub Cadet LT 1042. Just replaced starter motor. Don't know if solenoid is a separate part, haven't found it.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Battery terminals cleaned, electrical system apparently OK,but don't know if the ground connection is functioning properly.
JA: Our top Small Engine Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Small Engine Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Small Engine Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. I will need to ask you some troubleshooting questions as we go. Have you tried turning your flywheel by hand, to see if your engine is partially seized? Does your solenoid click each time you turn your key to start position?