Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I got 2001 club car but when I t pedal the engine doesn't

Customer Question

Hey I got 2001 club car but when I hit pedal the engine doesn't start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can jump solenoid an engine will start but it won't with the pedal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Pedal has a micro switch, that has to energize the starter solenoid. Located in the box with throttle cable and solenoid. Is the micro switch clicking? Does it have 12 volts to it? Is it sending power to the switch terminal on the solenoid when pedal is pressed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It clicks an I check it has continuity go thru switches for the throttle cable does ignition actually have anything to do with it its on but could it be bad

If you have battery voltage to the micro switch, the keyswitch is ok. The micro switch has to sen 12 vlts to the switch terminal on the solenoid. If it does, and solenoid does not close, the solenoid is bad!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I put a new solonied in there already I can jump it an it runs an idles there

Then you need to check between the micro switch and the solenoid. Broken wire or bad connection.

Did you find the problem?