Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a husqvarna rider 155. I was mowing 30 minutes and it

Customer Question

I have a husqvarna rider 155. I was mowing for approximately 30 minutes and it was doing just fine. No hesitation or rough running and all it just dies as I am cutting the grass like it ran out of gas. I have replaced the plug, fuel filter, air filter. It started again for approximately 3 minutes and dies. It acts like it is getting no gas.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the fule line at the carburetor coming from the fule pump and see if there is good flow when cranking?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Engine is not identified in manual, what engine is this? Kohler twin? Or single cylinder Kohler? Model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel filter flows freely. Took of the fuel line and flows freely. Actually flooded it and fouled the plug. Bought new plug and installed. The engine is a Kohler and the model number for the rider is 953 53 36 05. The serial # ***** *****(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine model # *****
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I need number off the engine, example SV715-????? or CV720-???? Engine runs for short period? In the base of the carburetor is an electric solenoid , does it click when the key is turned on and off? It plugs the main jet, so has to open for engine to run.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Single cylinder, Kohler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solenoid on this model is not near the carburetor it is located near the battery and electronic ignition is, unless I am looking at the wrong place. I hear no clicking at all. Like I said, it ran perfectly for over 30 minutes prior to just cutting off like it was out of gas. Engine is CV158
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Fuel solenoid would be an electrical solenoid on the bottom of the carburetor! It may not have one, but most do! It would be used to hold the bowl on the carburetor. It has to have 12 volts when key is on.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

See picture # ***** in link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. what do you want me to do? How do I test it. I am an amatuer. LOL
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Locate it, and listen for it to click when you turn the key on and off, or feel it. It has to open the fuel passage in carburetor, If it does not click or feel like it is working, can you check the wire to it for 12 volts?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the problem?