Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet LT2180 with a 18hp brigs with shaft

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet LT2180 with a 18hp brigs with shaft drive. The mower runs fine but when engaging the mower pto it stalls the motor. The blades spin freely and also worked fine when the snow blower was attached. Wondering if the culprit could be as simple as the battery not having enough power to operate the pto clutch. Or if it could be the governor spring needs to be replace or the fuel solenoid could be causing the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Voltage needs to be over 12 volts, will the battery start the tractor without help? If so it is not a voltage problem. I would check the seat switch and harness. The mower thinks there is no one in the seat, so when you engage the blades, it kills the engine. You say it stalls the motor, or does it cut off like key is turned off?

Did you get it to work?