Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We are having a problem with the hydraulic reservoir tank

Customer Question

We are having a problem with the hydraulic reservoir tank bubbling and spewing out oil while the mower is in use. What could the problem be?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Is oil foamy? And bubbles in the tank? The pump is sucking air into the system or the oil supply to pump is restricted, letting it aerate. Check the suction hose and clamps, and replace the hydraulic filter.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I figured air from somewhere. The filter was change 40 hours ago, and the manual says every year, or 200 hours. Had all the hoses and clamps replaced. Could the pump, or the wheel motor have weak seals, and if so how do I check it out without putting the mower back in the shop?

Only place air can enter is before and up to the pump. Can be any connection or a fitting . But it has to be on the suction side of the pump.