Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Q-55G generac generator leaking gas behind air filter when

Customer Question

Q-55G generac generator leaking gas behind air filter when starting generator. generator turns but won't start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Remove all the air cleaner parts to get to the gas line and carburetor and see where the gas is coming from. Gas lime connection may be leaking and fuel is not going into the carburetor, if the gas is coming from insdie the carburetor, it has a leaking needle valve in the bowl.

I would want to find gas leak before starting! Find the leak, then remove a spark plug and see if you have spark when cranking,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Since the generator had not been used for a while the fuel pump had to be primed..30 sec. That simple procedure stopped the gas from leaking. It still won't start, so I will check the spark plugs, fuel filter and fuel line.

OK>