Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Husqvarna 235 e series will fire, rev up really gh, then

Customer Question

Husqvarna 235 e series will fire, rev up really high, then fart out
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I tore the entire saw apart, checked for cylinder, piston scoring. Replaced carb with a brand new one. Replaced spark plug. Getting blue spark, doesn't seem to be the issue either. New primer bulb and fuel lines
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, sounds like it could be an air leak.Is there any play at the crank ends? Are the oil seals wet? Is the fuel filter connected?. maybe try to adjust the carb,open the low speed 1/2 turn. A special tool is need but you may be able to make one. You can try tapping a piece of 3/16 copper tubing onto the screw.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.

Also, the carb adapter could be loose or cracked. if loose the gasket could be torn.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the spline tool to adjust the Hi and Low, but it's doing the same stuff with a brand new carb. I sealed the carb intake gasket with some grey permatex thinking the gasket was the issue. It still runs the same
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You there?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.

Did you permatex the gasket before or after new carb was installed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Before I installed the new carb I ran a small bead around both sides of the gasket. I have since removed the carb to make sure I didn't clog any ports. Everything looked good
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.

open both screws a 1/2 turn or more on the new carb to see if any difference. Did you check for crank wobble and wet seals? Are the 4 screws that hold cyl to c/case tight ?