Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

What might be the problem with my cub cadet gtx 1045 if I

Customer Question

what might be the problem with my cub cadet gtx 1045 if I put oil in it and the oil light continue to blink?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

How many hours do you have on this machine?

This may be a service flash, most of these machines are designed so that the change oil indicator will flash at every fifty hours. They normally begin to flash at the fifty hour interval and will continue to flash for the next hour until the meter turns over to say fifty-one or one hundred and one. There is nothing wrong if this is happening it is the way that the meter is programmed and it helps to remind you that it is time to change the oil. There is no way of turning it off or resetting it so you just have to remember that you have either already changed the oil or that you need to do it soon. It should automatically stop flashing once the next hour rolls over on the meter.