Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Curtis, I have a agri-fab pull behind lawn vac, it has a

Customer Question

Curtis, I have a agri-fab pull behind lawn vac, it has a Tecumseh 8HP short tapered shaft motor, HM80 155481R. I would like to replace it with a Briggs motor. Everything I'am finding is generator (long shaft) or steped for snow blower. The shaft .875 on end for 1'', then for the next one & a half inches it steps up to 1.15 inches, for a total of two & a half inches total length. The Tecumseh needs a set of rings & I don't want to stick money in it. Do you know of a engine that would work with my fan blade? Thank you for any help, Larry Koffler
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

There is really no exact replacement for the engine. If you want to go with something else, you would have to use an adapter sleeve to go from the .875 to larger size. The engine link I sent above, has 7/8 shaft, but has step in wrong place and wrong size. But it was the only 7/8 shaft I found !