Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My deere sabre 1438 has a fully chiarged battery but will

Customer Question

My john deere sabre 1438 has a fully chiarged battery but will noy start seems to be something electrical (cut off switches) how many fuses does it have i have only found 1 fuse near the starter motor is there more than 1 fuse
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No i mowed the other day and it worked fine just parked it in the shed and now when i turn the key there is nothing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Looks to be Briggs engine. If you follow the battery posiitive cable to the starter solenoid, and jump across the two cable terminal with old screwdriver, will the engine spin?

Have you checked the seat switch and the harness to it? It is the most likley to cause no starter action. It also has a brake/clutch switch, and a pto switch. I assume the pto is off?

If the starter does not spin engine when jumping the solenoid, on the first test, the battery or the cables are problem.